Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It was a somber day yesterday with all the 9/11 remembrance. I am thinking that this may have been the climax of such commemorations, as by the time the 20th anniversary rolls around a little more healing will have taken place.

R.I.P.: 'Spartacus' star Andy Whitfield, 39, dies of lymphoma.
R.I.P.: Actor Cliff Robertson dies at 88.

Somber Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: DuPont Advion Ant Annihilation.
Monster Corp.
Mad Shapes 2.
Links: The Funniest, Strangest Dead Island Glitches So Far.
Stories: F-16s scrambled in two flight incidents.
F-16 pilot was ready to give her life on Sept. 11.
Science: A long mission to ‘Mars’ for Colombian man. Thanks HARDOCP.
Acronym FAIL.
Media: What do the Godfather and Henry IV have in common?
Tetris Art of the Day.
Why so serious done in the style of Mark Hamill.
Follow-up: Indonesia Smoking Boy Update.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2011, 11:50 kanniballl

scratz wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 11:39:
Speaking as someone that has had cancer claim a number of people in my life circle, I still find it terrifying that a man who is in the prime of his life can go from Spartacus-level fitness and health to dead in less than a year.

It's actually humbling and scary when you hear that someone A) that young and B) that physically fit can go so quickly.

Not to sound selfish, but it some ways I think "Damn, what chance does that give someone like me." Not that I have it, but just that it can come out of left-field.

I've known a few people that had cancer, some that fell and some that are beating it (so far). Some that smoked and stuff, others that had a dang healthy lifestyle. It's a damn scary thing.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo