Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Wow! Just... wow. GOG.com is now offering Wing Commander 1+2, updated to play on modern computers. I cannot wait to grab these and check them out, as they rank among my favorite old-school gaming memories. The games, the Secret Missions and Special Operations add-ons, the voice pack (sold separately!), the joy of rising to the top of the kill board, the horror of losing wingmen, loving Angel, hating Maniac... it all comes back. These experiences were so memorable they inspired my gaming handle "BlueHair." Wow, looking back at what I just wrote, it seems apparent this may not live up to all those memories, but that is not going to stop me from finding out.

R.I.P.: Orioles Great Mike Flanagan Found Dead Near Maryland Home, Sources Say.

Nostalgic Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: King Story.
Galaxy Battleground.
Links: The Social Evolution of Gaming [Infographic].
8 Terrible Levels in Great Games.
Stories: 'Jewish Indiana Jones' Charged In New York Torah Fraud. Thanks brother19.
Science: And now, a few words about brain-eating amoebas.
Violating relativity by breaking equivalence.
Images: The Sweet, Superb and Scary Cosplay of Gamescom 2011.
Living in a New Era: Kids Getting Portal Themed Rooms Now.
Thanks For Solving That Warm Mystery.
Media: Astronauts Goofing Around.
Pillow Fight.
NMA: Kate Winslet, Superhero.
Auction: Battlestar Galactica Props & Costumes Auction. Thanks Neutronbeam.
The Funnies: What it's like to play online games as a grownup.
Minecraft Bully. Thanks TDW Geeks.
Virtual Shackles: Halo by the Numbers.
Science in the Distant Future.
Follow-up: Fukushima Robot Operator Writes Tell-All Blog.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2011, 16:19 WyldKat

I wish I was filthy rich. I would totally buy the Raptor and Viper from that auction and rig them up in a surround screen room to a good space sim with a BSG mod.

Also RE: Wing Commander, this is a great series that really deserves to be revived and not as a crappy Xbox Live Arcade game. The originals weren't ever "hard" like a sim, they were basically space shooters with just a bit more complexity and a lot more story. The gameplay would really fit in well with todays hits like Mass Effect. They also need to resurrect Privateer.

They could even hire Mark Hamil to reprise his role as Christopher Blair, he was awesome in live-action WC and if they did in-game cutscenes he is awesome as a voice actor.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo