Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads

Steam now offers preloads of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for those who have pre-purchased Eidos Montreal's upcoming action/RPG prequel so they'll be prepared to play as soon as the game unlocks next week (Tuesday in North America, Thursday in Australia, and Friday in Europe. Pre-purchasers receive a 10% discount along with eight new Deus Ex-themed items for Team Fortress 2. Thanks Bill.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads Aug 20, 2011, 14:35 MajorD

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:50:
Krovven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:43:
Dues Ex, even with the leak, didn't strike me as a "must play at launch". Partly due to being single player only, Dead Island is coop, and more people will be playing at launch.

Funny how people are different. The fact it is singleplayer only makes me MORE likely to want it.

Yeah, different people like different things and different aspects of things. I agree with you, whether it was the point you were trying to make or not, that if it is a SP 'only' game, then you know that is what the emphasis was on, so one would hope it would be of the best quality and experience.

That is why I think Metro 2033 was so good, but very much a sleeper in my opinion. If you like story driven immersive games, and a game that doesn't spoon feed you like most FPS do these days, and you have the system to run it in all its glory, then it is definitely worth picking up. Heck, that (Metro 2033) was released March of 2010 and I just discovered it a few months ago, and then ended up getting it for $9.99. It starts out slow, but it gets really, really good as the story unfolds. Then like a geek, I picked up the Novel, and that is really good too.

Anyway, I’ll pick it up (DE: HR) in a few months when it goes on sale and/or upon reading everyone’s reviews/opinions.

Cheers….

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo