Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin

It seems yes is the answer to the question of whether Battlefield 3 will require the use of EA's new Origin service, even for users who purchase a physical copy of DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel. A question on Twitter directed at Global Battlefield Community Manager Daniel Matros asked "If we get the DVD version of BF3 do we still have to use Origin?" This was followed by another attempt, asking: "What about the rumors spreading on the forums that we need origin to play BF3 if we have the DVD?" These inspired the following reply: "Yes those 'rumors' are true :)." Thanks Teddy via BF3Blog.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

100. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 12, 2011, 10:15 Verno

Bhruic wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 10:07:
At least now we can clearly see why it's not available on Steam.

If Steam is denying the listings because of the Origin requirement, I find that to be hypocritical on their part. Other stores carry Steamworks titles after all. It sounds like Steam isn't happy about something with regards to the DLC but I'm unsure of what that could be at this point. Several other titles sell DLC outside of the Steam framework but offer the title itself on Steam. I'm guessing EA and Valve had a very specific contract in this regard and one or the other stepped out of bounds.

Oh and some funny for the day that I just saw while catching up on reddit - apparently most people from Puerto Rico and Chile have to pay in Euros on Origin. I don't normally use this catchword but big Fail EA.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2011, 10:27.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo