Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

GameStop to Sell Game Downloads

GameStop announces they are launching a new service to allow customers to make in-store purchases of digitally distributed games, which will begin with the upcoming release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Eidos' action/RPG prequel. On the surface, there is obviously something odd about how this sounds, but they point out this give customers the ability to use forms of payment not usually applicable to digital distribution, including cash, GameStop trade-in credits, and gift cards. They say they've been successful selling DLC through their stores, and see this as an extension of that. They also offer some additional motivation to pre-purchase the digital Windows edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution through them by offering the following bonuses:

• A digital version of Deus Ex(TM): Game of the Year Edition and Deus Ex: Invisible War(TM)
  • The Explosive Mission DLC Pack for in-game use in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Double points for GameStop(R) PowerUp Rewards(TM) members
  • As an added bonus, PowerUp Rewards(TM) members who pre-order and purchase Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be entered to win a decked out living room in the Augment Your Living Room Sweepstakes. Visit www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/Augment for complete details on the Augment Your Living Room Sweepstakes.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: GameStop Launches In-Store Downloads Jul 28, 2011, 17:51 Satoru

I guess it kinda makes sense with Deus Ex. Since it's a Steamworks game the install disc itself is worthless anyways. You're just buying a box so you can type in the code into Steam.

Oddly no store offers an actual pre-order discount....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo