Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

From Dust DRM Also Always On?

The Steam Listing for From Dust has details on the DRM in recently delayed PC edition of the upcoming god-game. This suggests that like Driver: San Francisco, this will use Ubisoft's DRM scheme that requires a persistent internet connection while the game is being played, saying: "Ubisoft Online Service" (thanks Bumpy via DSOGaming). We reached out to THQ to confirm the details on this, but have yet to receive a response (perhaps there's a glitch with their internet connection).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

41. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 28, 2011, 16:46 Ruffiana

Kajetan wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 06:54:
ASeven wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 06:01:
Fuck ubisoft and fuck anyone supporting this drm. The sooner ubisoft leaves the pc market the better.
Why should Ubisoft leave the pc market? They still make good money with pc games, because there are enough people out there, who use cracks or just endure the DRM, because they are emotional dependent on games.

Bullshit. The vast majority of gamers wouldn't know DRM from their asses, and in this day and age when people are used to playing games on Facebook, MMOs, multiplayer Call of Duty, the average gamer doesn't realize what's going on behind the scenes.

They're already used to having a permanent internet connection and games not working when the internet goes down and it's nothing more than a temporary, minor frustration that a rational person is more than capable of handling in a rational way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo