Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Black Prophecy NA Launches

Black Prophecy is now live in North America, announces gamigo, saying the space-based free-to-play MMOG has completed a successful open beta test. Here's a bit on the game:

Players can choose to join one of the two factions: the genetically-perfected Genides or the cybernetically-optimized Tyi. Whichever side they choose, there's lots to be done in the vast endlessness of space. Besides the story missions that unveil the plot, players can also complete hundreds of action-packed PvE and PvP missions or group up to form clans. Together they can collect resources and build their own clan station, which can then be expanded upon with a variety of different modules. Ships can also be customized to suit each player's preferences using some of the countless building parts available.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 15:09 Longswd

It's a decent shooter and that's pretty much all it is. Flight model is very arcade-like. Those looking for an actual sim will not find it.

Crafting is simplistic in the extreme, to the point I wouldn't even call it that.

Exploration is non-existent from what I saw of the beta.

PvP is apparently non-consensual once you leave the prologue (level 6 or so I think it was). Trying to complete PvE missions in open world zones was a trial with higher level roving gangs of gankers making things unenjoyable.

I'm not really into forced PvP so this was a game killer for me personally. I can see why they do it because without it the game has no longevity otherwise, but I think even people who do like PvP will find the unrestricted gankage will get old, fast.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo