Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

L4D2 DLC This Month

The Left 4 Dead Blog has a recent post about the release of the upcoming DLC for Left 4 Dead 2, saying that since well over 20,000 players earned the Stream Crosser achievement in the specified time-frame, they will be releasing the Dead Air DLC early, though exactly when is still up in the dead air: "We are going to try and release it as early as possible but will release it on July 22nd the latest. It isnít currently ready for release as we have been working on The Terminal and Finale maps and need to test them more internally." Thanks VG247.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 08:45 jimnms

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 00:07:
I hope it's better than the Cold Stream garbage which still appears as beta.

I played it when it was first released a few times, but never survived the finale. I played it again a few days ago to get the summer achievement and the finale was different.

I like the campaign, but it does need more tweaking. It's different, and most people I've played it with tried to play it like a regular level, which it's not. You can't stop because the infected don't stop coming.

When I got the achievement, it was the first time I survived. In the earlier beta you had to run through a dense forest to get to the rescue helicopter. Every time I got to it, no one stuck together, so it was every man for himself. It's different now. It's almost too easy compared to the rest of the campaign. I actually think I liked the old one better.

There is one part that really needs to be tweaked. The part where you run into the storm drain and have to go down the stairs. That part is different than I remembered too. I don't remember it being so dark. The first run through trying to get the achievement, everyone missed the turn and fell off the ledge at the end. When we made a go the 2nd time around, there were just too many infected coming up the stairs as we tried to go down, and it was too damn dark. Only two of us made it to the safe room, me with one health and one other person. Did I mention we were playing on easy difficulty?

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo