Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Battlefield 3 Details

The Battleblog #2 on the Battlefield Blog has further details on Battlefield 3, the upcoming military shooter sequel. Along the way they explain a couple of new features:

This brings us to two new features in Battlefield 3: Bipods and Suppressive Fire. Bipods have a very practical use, especially for LMGs, as they provide a substantial increase in stability while laying down a base of fire. Bipods can be deployed anywhere by zooming in with your LMG when prone, or when standing/kneeling in front of suitable supports, such as a window sill. The stability created by deploying a Bipod gives players a massive boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. Youíll be able to unload an entire clip of 200 bullets from your LMG with great accuracy without even letting go of the trigger, all thanks to the Bipod.

Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know itís not safe to pop out from behind cover. Just as importantly, this mechanic also affects his characterís in-game firing accuracy, making him less of a threat by using real world tactics. Better yet? You get team play experience points for doing so!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: New Battlefield 3 Details Jul 8, 2011, 00:43 Matshock

Sepharo wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 00:03:
Surf wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 23:27:
"HOWEVER", says EA, "The Bipod and Suppressive fire are always, and will remain always, completely useless due to teams of Snipers. With Sniper pin point accuracy at 50 miles out or more while running AND with their lack of tracer rounds, AS WELL as their rapid fire semi auto rifles, AND their camouflage, IN ADDITION TO their ability to call in mortars every 5 seconds, the above mentioned Bipod and Suppresive fire remain a moot point.

Thank you everyone.

Watch the project reality clip. LMG and suppresive fire could be used to disrupt camping snipers. The medic is never going to hit that sniper from that range with an LMG so instead it buzzes them.

Meh- medic/assault teams don't seem to have much difficulty overwhelming snipers in BC2. Adding suppression may even make them a weak class.

I'm more worried about lines forming in front of the tarmac for the fixed wing AC. That was my A#1 peeve about BF2. Maybe they should make them easier to crash so more people get back in the mud. Heck, I still wonít touch the pilotís seat of a helo in BC2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo