Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is the first day of summer here in the northern hemisphere, as the solstice occurs at 1:16 pm EDT today. We've had some hot days this spring, but also some very spring-like weather, which doesn't always happen in the northeast U.S. But in keeping with the increasingly tropical weather patterns around here, the forecast calls for thundershowers every day this week.

Tropical Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Portal Cannon.
Extinct: Are You Smarter Than a Plant?
Cavemen vs Dinosaurs.
Stories: How To Make Five Futurama Props Super Cheap.
William Shatner Will Not Appear in Star Trek Sequel.
Robert Smigel Details ‘Green Lantern’ Movie He Wrote For Jack Black.
Science: Japanese scientists turn sewage into edible "feces steak".
Microdrones, Some as Small as Bugs, Are Poised to Alter War. Thanks j.c.f.
Hydrogen-powered unmanned aircraft takes first flight.
Images: The D20 Velvet Napping Pillow Is Perfect For Marathon D&D Sessions.
Space Invaders Traffic Light.
Media: Heavy is Spy. NSFW.
Meet Zola the Breakdancing Gorilla. His pop-and-locking needs work.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
Follow-ups: Large Hadron Collider achieves 2011 data milestone. Thanks [H]ard-OCP.
Merriam-Webster Online Trend Watch: Schadenfreude.
Greatest Ryan Dunn Videos.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2011, 15:19 kanniballl

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 09:18:
Leonard Nimoy's small part in the recent film was OK, but I think it should end there. And as much as I've started to like Shatner for his recent wacky stuff I don't want him in the next Star Trek film.

Trek has got to stop the time travel shit for awhile...it's become nothing but a crutch for when they run out of ideas.

The fact that "Enterprise" started around a time-travel Pilot and general plot-line was quite weak.

For the film, I was OK with it so long as they leave it alone. It was a way to "reboot" the series and do different things without the trekkies flipping out about broken cannon. No matter how many times JJ and company could stand on stage and say "it's a new reality" they wouldn't care and would rage about something wrong with Pike.

Saying "It's different because of time travel" about 20 times in the film though apparently calmed them down.

I'm fine with it, just don't have subsequent films be about more time travel or people from the Prime universe visiting them.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo