Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Congrats to the Dallas Mavericks on their NBA championship. At one point this season after the Mavs completely dismantled the Knicks, I commented to a friend that if they could ever play as well in the playoffs as they always seem to during the season, they could be champs, and this year that's what they did. And then, of course, there's the schadenfreude of the Heat losing after LeBron alienated everyone outside of Miami with the way he decided to bring his talents to South Beach, but he seems well on his way to mending fences with the folks who once loved him.

Championship Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Combat Hero Adventures.
Battle for the Boardroom.
Links: Has Sony Been Hacked This Week? Thanks TDW Geeks.
California To Release All Prisoners Who Seem Nice Enough.
Stories: Cleveland rejoices as LeBron comes up short in Finals.
Media: Dog With Electric Collar.
The Boy With Tape On His Face.
Ed O'Neill's Very First Class in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.
The Funnies: DNF - Back to the 90s.
The Playoffs Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
xkcd- Magic School Bus.
That Damn Luke Keeps Meddling In His Affairs.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2011, 10:22 kanniballl

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 10:04:
Count me among those routing against Lebron and the Heat despite not being much on a NBA fan.

On a totally different subject, I've got the itch for a FPS. Haven't played one in quite some time... was considering giving CoD4:MW a shot. Comments?

I only played CoD4:MW on a console.

As a console shooter, it was quite good. It had some interesting moments, a decent story (for a shooter), and was good all-around.

As a PC shooter, I have no idea. My "guess" is it might feel a little watered down compared to other offerings.

From the single player experience:
  • You play as different people during different parts of the story. Something is going on and you (the player) experience it from different organizations investigating it or dealing with it (US Marines, UK special ops, etc).

• I found one scene/bit in the SP experience shocking. Not disgusting-shocking, but more like "wow, I can't believe decided to do it."

• The main characters were interesting enough, some were even likable

• It's on rails, but it does a good job with it considering.

• The weapons are decent, you can get different variations of the same gun (different scope, silencer, etc).

• The maps / environments are varied enough in: metal ship on rough seas, desert, jungle, etc

• I don't recall how good the AI was, since it's been a while

• As a console game it was worth a rental or a purchase on-sale. By now you should be able to find it at a cheap price.

But as a PC game, no idea.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2011, 10:30.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
    Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
    If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
    If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
    Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
    • i[italic text]i
    • u[underline text]u
    • -[strikethrough text]-
    • c[code text]c
    • +[bullet point]+
    • q[quote text (indented)]q
    • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
    • [url=Link]text[/url]
    • r{red text}r
    • g{green text}g
    • b{blue text}b
    • m{maroon text}m
    • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
    2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
    3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
    4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo