Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced

The countdown on Carmageddon.com has concluded, followed by the announcement of Carmageddon: Reincarnation, a new installment in the automotive mayhem series expected for release next year. The Carmageddon IP is now the property of Stainless Games, the team that created Carmageddon and Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now, with Stainless saying they are "actively seeking a partner with whom to move the project on to full production." The Carmageddon Website seems to be stuck in the slow lane, but when it loads it offers information, a retrospective trailer, forums, and more. Here's a bit from the announcement:

“Carmageddon: Reincarnation will feature the same black humour and comic violence that made the original game such a success.” said Neil Barnden, Executive Director and Stainless co-founder. “All the laughs, the crazy power-ups, and extreme destruction will return. We will make sure the existing fans get what they want and expect from a Carmageddon game, and a new generation discovers the delights of sliding into a Cunning Stunt.”

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced Jun 1, 2011, 11:55 Jow

There's probably some room in between but it's really a price issue I think; you're charging full price and I'm not sure Carmageddon's gameplay warrants it, you're charging $10 and the game is shallow or you're charging between in which case you're written off as a budget title.

At a time when companies like Activision are pumping out derivative crap and getting people to pay 60 bucks for it, I don't think the pricing structure for Carmageddon is going to be an issue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo