Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Block Announced

Digital Reality announces Dead Block, calling this a "unique" zombie defense game for Windows, XBLA, and PSN to be released "later this year." The Dead Block Website has images and a trailer, and here's a bit on the Unreal Engine 3 game:

Dead Block focuses on innovative defensive gameplay in which the few remaining survivors, Jack Foster (a construction worker), Foxy Jones (a traffic warden), and Mike Bacon (a perpetually hungry boy scout) have formed an unlikely alliance to protect themselves from the invading undead. Hiding in various shelters around town, they avoid Zombies by building blockades, setting fiendish traps or as a last resort using their weapons to fight.

In addition to 10 Single-player levels the game offers up to 4-Player, Split-Screen Multiplayer with an additional 8 Multiplayer co-op levels where players can fight side by side with their friends.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Dead Block Announced May 6, 2011, 11:40 Elessar

Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2011, 03:16:
There's nothing inherently wrong with the zombie genre. Compared to military shooters, zombie games are still relatively fresh. The problem is that developers are focusing on the wrong elements of zombie fiction. Zombie fiction isn't about heavily-armed badasses killing wave after wave of zombies. It's about normal people trying to cope with the breakdown of society and the end of civilization as they know it. Watch any zombie movie and that's what you'll see. What you won't see is Rambo vs Zombies, which is basically what all zombie games have been thus far. They haven't explored any of the interesting elements of zombie fiction, like infection, survival, human interaction and ambiguous moral choices. Dead State is the only game that looks to incorporate these aspects and as such, I'm really looking forward to it.

If you haven't already, you should really check out PCGamer's recent preview of Dead State: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/03/dead-state-preview/

The official forum also has some very interesting info: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/board,11.0.html
Totally agree. The reasons you listed are why I like zombie movies so much. I like to imagine myself there and what I'd do. How better to do that than in an interactive form with a game. Yet we get zombie waves. I'll have to check out that Dead State preview.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo