Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Ars Technica - Why complaints about Valve's Portal 2 ARG miss the point.
As the "main" game progressed, the titles in the Potato Sack were updated with new levels and content. If you were able to finish that content you earned Potatoes that were used to move the whole thing along. The thing is, the new content was all Portal themed, and gave new life to games people may have already finished. In a world where people are used to paying real money for new content for their games, these developers were giving away new content for free.

MCV - Give 'em an inch.
But there's no escaping the fact that some of you, and some of the wider gaming public, are for want of a more eloquent description morons. Last month we had to shut down comments on MCVuk.com because of this very phenomenon. A tragic and feeble few were ruining the fun for the decent and noble many.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Op Ed Apr 20, 2011, 20:11 Golwar

By Tumbler's own kind of logic I declare that he tries to scam us all. Burn him!

Seriously Tumbler, it's sufficient when you drop your unsustainable claims just once. Simply share your deeper insight, recognize when you are all alone and drop it.
But I can't bear to read it all over again and again. Ain't it enough when MCV flags your kind "morons"?

It is exactly as both articles commented it. In the worst case you could have simply ignored all the mojo, as I did. It isn't Valve's mistake when some people know no boundaries with their expectations. You know, this is ... the real world, right? No need to mention this fact everywhere, at least not for the normal people.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2011, 20:16.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo