Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Ars Technica - The incredible shrinking game.
According to The Entertainment Software Association, the average game buyer is 34 years old and has been gaming for 12 years. At that age, they have more than just video games to worry about. And unlike when they were younger, they now have more money than free time.

"They've got jobs, families, kids to take care of. They don't have time to sit and go on an eight-hour bender," said Kagel who's 34, himself. "You go to work, you come home, you have dinner with the family, you play with the kids. At the end of the day, how much time do you have to spend on gaming?"

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Op Ed Apr 14, 2011, 13:13 gilly775

Jerykk wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 12:25:
The average game buyer is 34 and has been gaming for 12 years? If that's the case, why the hell does CoD sell 10+ million units every year? You'd think older, more experienced gamers would have higher standards.

Because Generation Y and below outnumber us Generation X'ers. I would *hope* that Generation X isn't a majority of those CoD numbers....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo