Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Minecraft Full Launch in November

The Word of Notch has news on plans for the full launch of Minecraft on November 11, which is also the release date for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, inspiring the unofficial tagline "us too." Notch also acknowledges that the official launch of a constantly changing game is a little hard to pin down: "Itís a bit tricky to really do a release for Minecraft as we keep updating it all the time. For one, the version we deem as the ďfull versionĒ wonít be very different at all from what the game was like a week ago, and weíll keep adding features after the release as well, so itís really more of a milestone when we finally get rid of the Beta label, and some kind of goal for us to work towards. The plan is to be open with this and try to get people to cheer us on as much as possible, but to be open with the fact that the game wonít change much at the actual release day. (Itís more a progress up until that point)." He also offers an update on the game:

Weíve been working on finishing up Achievements and Statistics for 1.5, I ran into some issues with JSON, got frustrated, and added weather instead. Developing new features like that is what I enjoy doing the most, so I ended up covering a lot of ground. Thereís periodic downfall (snow in snowy areas, rain in others, nothing in deserts) that make the sky darker, hides the sun, moon and stars, and makes everything wet. Ice grows back in cold regions, and snowfall covers the ground when itís snowing. During rain/snow, there can be occasional thunderstorms with lightning. I havenít finished the actual lightning bolt yet, but everything else is fairly done. Once the stats are done and the weather has been tested through, weíll release 1.5. Iím guessing this will be next week. The piston mod might get added, but it will not be in time for 1.5.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Minecraft Full Launch in November Apr 7, 2011, 23:12 Nate

Whats the piston mod?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo