Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ultima IV Remake Speculation

Flash-based Ultima IV remakes Master System 8 and Phi Psi Software have received DMCA takedown notices from Electronic Arts, who picked up the rights to the game when they purchased Origin Systems in 1992. This is noted on Ultima Aiera, where they also state that most sites hosting the PC edition of game have been asked to stop doing so (though it's still available here), as while it was released freely in 1997, this was not GPLed or any such thing. When delving into why this is happening, they offer speculation that a "secret project" at Mythic they have been keeping up with via Paul Barnet's Twitter Feed is an Ultima game, and possibly an Ultima IV remake/reboot. Thanks Ant via Slashdot.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: Ultima IV Remake Speculation Mar 30, 2011, 03:55 Ludomancer

Pathetic.

Do our whole demographic a favor and stop looking forward to developers using old franchises as a crutch for their lack of talent. I'm sick of remakes 100x over. Fuck remakes. Make something new, and leave alone what greater, more capable developers created. You know you won't be able to match up. Hacks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo