Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed

The Capcom Blog follows up on the rumor from Friday about a new Resident Evil spin-off series, saying SOCOM developer Slant 6 is working on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, a squad-based third-person shooter that will offer a "reinterpretation" of the events in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3. They say this spin-off series is due this winter for Windows as well as Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and that "Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.Ws) add to the mix as players not only compete against an opposing squad but also tackle this third unpredictable element, creating a brand new style of gameplay and breaking the conventions of traditional team based shooters." They also reveal multiplayer plans: "In addition, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City will deliver a number of competitive online multiplayer modes. Each one of these will provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three way combat between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and threat of zombies and B.O.Ws that could only exist in the deadly and twisted Resident Evil Universe." Finally, they have demo news for console players: "In addition, we can also confirm that Resident Evil: The Mercenaries will ship with a playable demo of Resident Evil: Revelations."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 14:31 Cutter

SirKnight wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 10:27:
Bah. I'd rather see RE return to it's roots and be less concerned about combat. The first three REs were just as much about solving puzzles as it was about killing zombies, if not more so.

RE5 looked nice, but it felt more like gears of war than RE.

Ditto.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo