Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RIFT Interview

The RIFT interview on Gaming Heaven is an article-format conversation with Michael McGhee of Trion Worlds discussing RIFT, Trion's just-launched MMORPG. The conversation centers on the game's launch, and the issues that new massively multiplayer games must overcome. Michael also discusses plans for the future:

"Well we still have a huge list of things we'd like to implement in future - world events being one of them - and some of the features we have already implemented even I never thought would make it in. I mean, I never thought we'd be able to put invasions on the road and taking over quest hubs, you never do that, you never stop the player from questing and levelling, that's dumb, that is a rule. But what we realised was that if you put enemies on the road the player doesn't always have to fight them, sometimes he needs to take a new road like the hobbit from Lord of The Rings. It's simple features like that which create a completely different type of atmosphere in-game and keep things fresh for players."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 7, 2011, 19:15 Sempai

justice7 wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 17:06:
The interface looks like WoW? WoW's interface looks like Everquest and Asheron's Call. So what.

Also, for those who HAVE played Rift, They are likely still enjoying the game. For those who have not, are calling for Rift's death just like every other MMO that has come out lately.

For those in the know, this game has pulled me right in. I don't give two flying shits what the rest of you have to say about it. I'm not even going to think WoW's even an option anymore, it isn't. Why would I play something so inferior?

All of these comparisons to WoW, yet Rift does so many small things so differently, it isn't even the same genre.

Dynamic pve mixed with world pvp. Invasions, rifts, pvp...

doubters will be dumbfounded at the 100 servers Rift has, and will continue to thrive.

Trion has done it right.

I hope it doesn't kill wow at all, wow players are some of the worst at pvp.

Didnt we already go through this when Aion released and was the next great wonder?

For someone who doesn't give two flying shits you sure have alot of anger goin on.
Explain to me again how WoW is "inferior?" sure it's getting long in the tooth but it has more content, more world, better art design, better animation, fleshed out classes, although thats giving them too much credit..

And..uhh they're both the same genre..

Rift has two sides just like WoW only it smell's just like Warhammer's pvp based class system where your evil counterpart has the EXACT same skill set as you do, only a different name...yawn.

Public quests, where have we seen this before? Shall i go on?
Look, i think Rift is good too and if your tired of WoW then it's a great alternative, in the meantime maybe you should take a breath and realize the fact that you, like thousands of others playing Rift right now will probably find themselves back on WoW servers in 2 months time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo