Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RIFT Head Start Underway

The RIFT Website announces that the head start program for Trion Worlds' MMORPG is now underway, saying: "Head Start is here, and everyone who has pre-ordered RIFT will be able to join the fight for the fate of Telara starting at 10:00 AM PST on Feb. 24, 2011! It’s time to enter the nexus of the planes and wage war on the forces of the Blood Storm. For more information on Head Start, visit www.RIFTgame.com/headstart." In addition, Trion announces they have registered more than one million accounts for the game:

Trion Worlds announced today that more than one million accounts have been created to date, signaling a high level of interest for the company’s first massively multiplayer online game, Rift™, which is scheduled to launch March 1st in North America, March 3rd in pan-European countries, and March 4th in the UK. The news hits just as the game’s Head Start period begins, giving pre-order customers advance playtime before servers officially open on launch day.

Launching with 33 Head Start servers, Rift will feature dedicated realms for PvP, PvE, and role-playing players. Servers are live today, coinciding with the game’s Head Start period, which lasts until the game launches next week. Find the official server list on Rift’s official forums at: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?79032-Official-Rift-Server-List!&p=1198848#post1198848

Rift pre-orders are available at www.RIFTgame.com/preorder and special Founder’s Subscription plans remain available until March 15th.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: RIFT Head Start Underway Feb 24, 2011, 20:48 Akuinnen

ASeven wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 19:02:
I've been hearing more and more that this may be the game that stands against WoW

Not likely. I played to level 20 until I got bored. The soul system is very cool. Rifts are fun, but they get repetitive after a while. The quests are very basic kill, collect etc.

I am completely WoW'd out, but the quests in WoW are much more advanced, diverse and interesting in WoW. Rifts quests are more inline with where WoW was in 2004.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo