Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned

Mark Rein tweets: "Bulletstorm PC demo is in the works! Won't make it in time for ship date but should be available shortly after." Thanks BeyondUnreal.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned Feb 20, 2011, 11:03 Slashman

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 08:13:
Draugr wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 05:31:
I have to disagree with you in regards to console piracy... in terms of difficulty the mileage varies, it can be as easy as hooking your 360 DVD drive from your xbox to your PC and installing the appropriate firmware, from there it's just burning the disc and popping it in. Only the latest 360 models are a 'hassle'. PS3 is even easier, and involves a USB stick and that's it. You can just load those right from the HDD, so in that regard it'd be just as easy as PC.

Any step past "download and run" cuts a massive percentage out of piracy concerns. That's why companies think DRM works. People are stupid and lazy, basically.

'Download and run' doesn't apply to every single PC crack either.

There are several games that I know of where manually moving and replacing several files as well as patching are a requirement to get the game running. I know of several people that have issues getting even PC cracked games to run.

I also know of several people where I live that make a living from modding and selling cracked console games. And the number of banned consoles that I've come across have been laughably small(like practically none).

I'm not saying consoles are just as easy, but there isn't as much risk as you'd think. Most bans occur when people run copies of the game that hasn't been released yet on Xbox Live.

Again, I'm not saying fear of bans isn't a factor, but it might not be as terrifying as people think. There are also people with two consoles...one for cracks and one for 'legit' uses.

Perception of the publishers and developers is the problem. No matter how you spin it...it's a dishonest double standard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo