Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Testing This Year

The Guild Wars 2 FAQ has an update about plans for testing of ArenaNet's upcoming MMORPG sequel: "We will be conducting small closed alpha and beta tests in 2011. The feedback from these tests will determine when we will do public beta tests and ship the game. Guild Wars 2 is a very large and ambitious game, and Guild Wars players rightfully have very high expectations. We want players to be absolutely blown away by the game the first time they experience it." Guild Wars 2 Guru has word from ArenaNet that this does not change the game's non-specific release schedule: "The existence of friends and family closed alpha and closed beta this year has changed nothing about the release date. The release date continues to be: when the game is ready." Thanks Massively.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Testing This Year Feb 14, 2011, 09:15 Zadig

Their business model is predicated on releasing new (paid) content every 6-8 months in lieu of a subscription fee. It has been over 40 months since the last release which they announced as the final one since GW2 was already underway. Something has gone wrong with their planning. I hope they aren't having funding issues.

As for the other stuff, Guild Wars is basically a card game designed around tactical PVP - picking your 8 card deck and coordinating it with your teammates is all that matters. The PVE is focused on tactics also. It's not meant to be Diablo. 'Macros', item farming, crafting, and mindless leveling are intentionally non existent. No leveling also means no ghost towns which along with the one server and no subscription makes it unique for fantasy themed online games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo