Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?

A story on Rock, Paper, Shotgun that's been picked up in many other places, states that a near-final build of Crysis 2 has been leaked onto torrent sites, saying this also includes a "master key for the online authentication" of the game.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

92. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 15, 2011, 01:59 Prez

ASeven wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 10:27:
Hump wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 10:20:
AnointedSword wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 07:17:
A joke...Morals went down the tubes...Some day you guys will face the truth and when you do...you will remember my words!:) With that said, I hear people complaining that the devs and security are at fault instead of the individual that leaked it? What a dumb thing to say.

OK, taking the game (or song, or movie) is "immoral"......now what? Do you think several hundred thousand people are going to suddenly feel guilty and delete it from their HD's? The media company uses a draconian form of DRM which 1.) does nothing to stop people from pirating 2.) fucks up the ability of those who honestly bought to take their media and use it wherever they want. Tell me how THAT scenario, which plays out on a daily basis, is helping the issue?

With the exception of a handful of deluded kids, no one is claiming that the creators shouldnt make money off their creations. The problem is that distribution models have changed. Publishers are now excess baggage but want to continue to be overpaid middlemen by distributing plastic discs which are no longer needed. Valve saw this coming long ago. You'll notice they don't waste time by worrying that a bunch of prates have downloaded their game since the vast majority of those people wouldn't have come up with the cash to buy it anyway. Instead they focus on serving the needs of their customers. When companies start getting it through their heads that one downloaded copy DOES NOT automatically mean a lost sale theyll be able to move on. For now they run to daddy government and attempt to have laws enacted to protect a dying business model. People like yourself get sucked into their propaganda that we are headed into a world where no one will want to create anything. The fact is, the net has enabled a far larger amount of artists to create and distribute than ever before for next to nothing.

+1000000

This man has the best post on this thread.

Seconded. Said it better than I ever could have. BRAVO!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo