Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

MrsBlue called me downstairs in a panic this morning because she couldn't find her keys. I kidded her as I always do on such occasions that I keep meaning to suggest that she keep them in the same place at all times to avoid this (the joke being I've suggested this a thousand times already). She objected that this is what she does, saying that she leaves them right there on the corner of the table where my keys were sitting, to which I replied that she'd obviously left her keys outside in the lock. When she found them there, she asked how I knew, and I told her that I had left my keys in the inside lock, so it struck me she had unlocked the door with her keys and locked it with mine before leaving them on her designated spot on the table. That's me, Stephen "Blue" Heaslip, consulting detective. Sherlock Holmes probably has nothing to worry about yet, but I think I've surpassed Jonathan Ames, and am on my way to Encyclopedia Brown status. Bugs Meany beware!

Detected Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Reach The Star.
Zomblower.
Ninja Hamsters vs Robots.
Link: The Coolest Locksmith Shop in New York City. Thanks Boing Boing.
Stories: Doner kebab saves bloke's life. Thanks Slashdot.
Naked Lady Cooking Show Coming to Hong Kong.
Goose Island And Longman & Eagle Unveil Their Pork Soda. No military discount?
Science: Diet soda tied to stroke risk, but reasons unclear.
Valley Christian High School High School Students' Space Station Experiment Taking Off.
Frozen Firefox.
Media: Superman Spoof Of The Day.
The Experiment - The Beginning. Interactive video storytelling.
Snow goes boom.
Photographer captures huge roadside bomb explosion in Kirkuk.
The Funnies: Brevity.
Follow-up: "Making of" the Star Wars Darth Vader Volkswagen commercial.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2011, 11:52 Rockn-Roll

Forgive me for pointing this out, but when Mrs. Blue opened the door she would have seen one set of keys (hers) on the outside and a second set (yours) on the inside. I think seeing two sets of keys in the door would have most people thinking something was wrong and be extra cautious and figure out what was wrong i.e. that you had left your set of keys on the inside. Let's just assume that she is human and did notice that...and was able to figure out that you had left your keys on the inside.

I don't intend to make anything of this, but...I would ask myself why she didn't tell you about it. The fact that she left her keys on the outside while putting your keys on the table suggests that she was thinking of something other than completely correcting the odd situation. Since later she believed that it was her keys which she put on the table then I would suspect that the reason she didn't tell you was personal. On the otherhand she may have just had a more complex problem on her mind and you need to spend more time with her to help her through it.

Let's Rock!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo