Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On PC Dragon Age II

A Dragon Age II: Console or PC article on IGN discusses the differences between the Windows and console editions of Dragon Age II, BioWare's upcoming action/RPG sequel. They describe improvements to the appearance of the Xbox 360 edition, new limitations on the camera in the Windows edition, and conclude with this: "As might be expected, the game looks better on a nice PC than on consoles. The art style, which I was extremely skeptical of after seeing the initial screenshots, is an improvement over Origins. Everything from the armor sets to the animations and environments have been improved, making for a world that looks and feels more natural. It seems as though BioWare is taking Origins, which was super nerdy and very specifically targeted players like me, and giving it a graphical facelift so it can appeal to a wider crowd. You know, the crowd that doesn't know what a Gate spell is and isn't instantly apprehensive when someone mentions a Beholder. Here's hoping the final version doesn't lose anything in the transition. At the very least, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners should be getting a smoother and ultimately more playable product." There's also a new Dragon Age II official Champion trailer (thanks PC Gamer) that shows how the three different approaches to the game, depending on whether you are a warrior, a mage, or a rogue.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: On PC Dragon Age II Feb 9, 2011, 11:19 avianflu

getting rid of the bird's eye view in the PC version is a bummer. thanks consoles  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo