Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop

John Romero and Tom Hall have formed a new social gaming studio called Loot Drop, which has signed a publishing deal with social entertainment company RockYou, reports VentureBeat. Romero and Hall have collaborated several times in the past: After working together at Softdisk and Gamer's Edge, they were two of the four cofounders of id Software, and the pair also cofounded ION Storm and Monkeystone Games before working together at Midway Games. Word is Loot Drop is looking to release its first game by this summer: "Romero said in an interview that his goal is to push the boundaries of social games with creative game design. Under the deal, San Mateo, Calif.-based Loot Drop will make a game that RockYou will fund and publish. The target is to get a game out by the summer, Romero said."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop Jan 20, 2011, 14:38 killer_roach

Omnivox wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 13:35:
Anachronox 2, please. Thank you.

Amen to that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo