Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide Next Nears

Eurogamer.net has word from Sony Online Entertainment's John Smedley on upcoming MMORPG plans. He tells them The Agency is still expected for PC and PS3 later this year, and says PlanetSide Next is due in the first half of this year, saying it should be late first quarter or early second quarter. He also tells them that in addition to their announced upcoming projects (The Agency, PS3 Free Realms, PlanetSide Next, and EverQuest Next), SOE also has "a lot" of unannounced projects in the works.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: PlanetSide Next Nears Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 wtf_man

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 11:07:
there's Firefall.. but too many idiot jackass carebear, FPS-stupid dumbasses are looking to RPG or do PvE only/mainly content in a larger FPS.

Well... I'm an idiot jackass carebear when it comes to RPGs.

But PVE in an online FPS doesn't make sense to me... just as much as PVP in an RPG doesn't make sense to me.

I'm talking strictly balance issues here... An RPG will never be a "level playing field" for PVP due to melee vs. ranged, character stats / skills, and Uber Items that only with people that have "no life" can collect... where as with FPS's... it's ALWAYS ranged combat, twitch-based-skill, and anyone can "scoop up" the items (Big Guns / Armor) if they're quick / lucky enough.

So, my point is... I prefer to PVP in a shooter far more than an RPG.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2011, 11:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo