Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We were heading out on a day trip on Sunday when the car made a funny noise pulling out of the driveway, which we assumed was snow under the tires until it persisted on the completely plowed street, when it became apparent we had a flat. I couldn't get a couple of the lug nuts loose by hand, perhaps due to the cold, though it could be thanks to the air-gun the tire place uses when they put them on, so I had to call roadside assistance right to our house to help change the tire. I'm all set with my goofy little donut spare, and will head off to the tire place at some point to see if the original tire can be repaired or if it must be replaced, hopefully getting an answer along the way to why the tire went flat for no apparent reason while sitting in the driveway.

Oh yeah, and happy birthday Ant!

Flat Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Fade.
ColorMore.
Lofty Tower 2.
Links: The 10 Most Essential Nerd Foods. Thanks Neatorama.
The 6 Most Frequently Quoted Bullsh*t Statistics.
Stories: Chevrolet Volt named NA Car of the Year.
Tom DeLay, former U.S. House leader, sentenced to 3 years in prison.
Science: NASA's Kepler spots rocky, "iron dumbbell" exoplanet.
Media: Another alternate Jedi ending - Misjudged effects.
Spider-Man Musical Commercial.
Star Wars Trench Run through Shoveled Snow.
The Funnies: Brevity.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: December 21 2012 Jan 11, 2011, 12:21 JoeNapalm

space captain wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 12:14:
its the ending of a baktun, a galactic cycle.. and the start of a new one.. its a roughly 30K year rotation.. the mayans just didnt bother plotting out the rest of time on their calender, which they calculated to some wacky huge number like 13 x 10 to the power of a million or some shit

Baktun-13, baby!

[This message brought to you on behalf of Bob the Feathered Jaguar.]

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo