catches us up on the hotfixes implemented in World of Warcraft
between December 22 and December 27, as Blizzard continues to tweak their MMORPG following the launch of the Cataclysm
expansion (thanks Ant
). They also offer an article on upcoming class changes
where lead systems designer Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street outlines plans for the next patch for the game, which will institute some class changes. He says they are still "in the preliminary stages," so the patch isn't coming out especially soon, and while many specifics are mentioned, he adds that: "Just because your class or pet problem isn’t mentioned below doesn’t mean we won’t address it." Greg discusses PvE and PvP changes, Blizzard's goal of making "stats that aren't attractive (but are supposed to be) more attractive," and offers a preliminary list of class-specific changes, stressing that this is not final or complete. This list follows.
- Even after we fixed their mastery, Feral druid bleeds still do a lot of damage and are undispellable. We plan to shift some of that damage back to main attacks. They are also a little too hard to control. Given that they are already hard to root, snare, or polymorph, we think the fear immunity from Berserk is too much.
- Arms warrior burst damage might still be too high in PvP, while we don’t have a great way to adjust their sustained damage for PvE. The Lambs to the Slaughter talent is a good place to address this. We also might nerf warrior stuns.
- We think Arms and Fury warriors are getting too much damage out of Heroic Strike. We want it to be clear that it’s a rage dump and not make it the hardest hitting ability.
- For Holy priests, we’re increasing Chakra’s duration and changing Surge of Light so it can now from Flash Heal and Greater Heal and can crit.
- We’re making some additional buffs, such as Pain Suppression and Barkskin, undispellable.
- We’re buffing Wild Mushroom. It’s a cool spell that isn’t getting enough play.
- Empowered Touch will now benefit from Regrowth as well. We’re also buffing the Glyph of Regrowth.
- We are looking at Holy Concentration (after our most recent buff) and Omen of Clarity to make sure they don’t account for too much mana savings.
- We are probably going to remove Drain Mana from warlocks. It is incredibly situational in PvE but causes problems in PvP. This might mean we need to evaluate Mana Burn as well.
- Inferno will no longer increase the radius of Hellfire.
- Shadow and Flame can now proc from Incinerate in addition to Shadow Bolt.
- We want to redesign Improved Soulfire.
- Censure will no longer break Repentance.
- As part of the Marks and Beastmaster buffs, we’re buffing Aimed Shot, Kill Shot, Chimera Shot, and Kill Command.
- To reduce mage control, we are discussing reducing the duration of Frost Nova and Ring of Frost.
- We want to make it clear that Combat is intended to use fast off-hand weapons. We also want to polish Revealing Strike a bit.
- We want to make sure Enhancement shaman avoid caster weapons.
- We want to make sure Unholy DKs prefer two-handed weapons.
- Necrotic Strike needs to be affected by resilience.
- For Cataclysm, we changed Death Strike almost completely into an ability for Blood DK tanks, which is a bit unfortunate. We want to make sure it is still a useful button for Frost or Unholy DKs who need healing.
- We also want to address DK mobility in PvP.
- We think we overnerfed Every Man for Himself, and are reverting it back to a 2-minute cooldown again. We might evaluate other racials after we’ve seen more PvP.