Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar

Industry analysts Anita Frazier of NPD announces record sales figures for the month of November, as report in this CNET article, where they say the $2.99 billion November 2010 take is up 8 percent from $2.76 billion a year earlier, and about $30 million more than the previous record November in 2008. They break down the figures a bit, and note along the way that Call of Duty: Black Ops sold 8.7 million units in the less than a month following the release of the military shooter sequel, which makes it the seventh best-selling game of all time.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar Dec 10, 2010, 10:02 JoeNapalm

Rockn-Roll wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 21:02:
Making an average 10hour long game = $2,000,000/year for 3 years.
Cost of an average game to the end user: $60.
Mowing an average 50ft by 50ft lawn once a week = $10/week for 6 weeks.
Raking leaves on a 50ft by 50ft lawn once a week = $10/week for 6 weeks.

Do the math...games are cheap to the end user. Find some lawns to mow or rake and let those of us that like to work and play do it without sad remarks from the Lazy Lizards.

I know I should ignore the troll, as you all have done so admirably...but WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

By your logic, the average cost of milk is $3.50 a gallon, therefore I should be happy to pay an extra $10,000 for a car.

The issue at hand is COD games costing more than the generally established price point of a game, yet having fewer features. If you regularly pay $10 for a movie ticket, yet a particular new release cost $15 but was only 45 minutes long, you'd probably not be happy.

Or rather, based on your comment, you'd not only be happy, but tell anyone who complained about it to get a job. PT Barnum would have @#$%ing loved you, man.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo