Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE Online: Incursion Launches

CCP announces that deployment of version 1.0.0 of the new Incursion expansion for EVE Online is now underway, which introduces the latest round of free new content for their science fiction MMORPG. They say: "It includes a long list of changes, many of which were prioritized and added with the help of the Council of Stellar Management, a representative group of EVE players elected by the playerbase to interact on their behalf with the CCP development team since 2008." Not content with that, they also announce plans to launch EVE Online: Incursion version 1.0.1 on December 14 to "couple the removal of learning skills with another holiday gift for EVE players." They look beyond that further still, announcing version 1.0.2 will go live in mid-January, saying this will offer their new "stunningly realistic" character creator along with an upgrade to the EVE Gate social networking platform for EVE players, and the following week: "a vengeance-fueled Sansha’s Nation will invade the EVE universe, causing chaos as pilots join together in twenty to forty person fleets to beat back the new 'Revenant' supercarriers, their fierce fighter bombers and the fleets at their command. Victors against these 'incursions' will reap tremendous rewards for their bravery." There is also an interview on Ten Ton Hammer discussing the add-on with CCP's Noah Ward.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: EVE Online: Incursion Launches Nov 30, 2010, 16:33 DrEvil

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 30, 2010, 16:23:
DrEvil wrote on Nov 30, 2010, 16:16:
EVE makes it impossible to progress at any meaningful pace without becoming heavily involved in the corporations/social aspect of the game.
No it is not impossible but it is a lot harder and boring to play the game that way. Much easier and fun to play with the right people.

This was the game designer's choice to somewhat guide you towards joining into a player corp, but if you decide you do not want to play that way there is the NPC corp where you can still talk to others but you are not forced to do anything, it is all your choice.

Again this game is just not for you, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the game mechanics itself.

Note I never said the game mechanics were wrong; just that I found them *boring*.

Certainly, if EVE wants to remain a niche game that's only attractive to a relatively small set of individuals, that's their choice.

I find it much easier to be critical of EVE now that I'm no longer playing (sorry, *paying* for) it.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2010, 17:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo