Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Miner Wars MMO with Preorders

The Miner Wars Forums have an effort by Keen Software House to clear up a misconception they've caused about Miner Wars 2081 that has people thinking the game is an MMOG (which probably has something to do with the website logo carrying a caption saying: "6DOF - Fully Destructible Environment - Single Player Story & MMO"). Word is that while Miner Wars 2081 will include multiplayer support, there is also a separate Miner Wars MMOG in the works. Taking responsibility for the confusion, they are now planning on giving a free copy of the MMO version of the game to all who have preordered the non-MMO version so far, and are extending this offer to anyone who preorders between now and December 1. Here's the explanation of how this two-game confusion came about:

If you're unaware of the nature of these things, after I explain why it is this way, you'll understand: The version of the game you are guaranteed by pre-ordering, WILL (will, will, will) come with multi-player mode, but more in the style of Descent with server lists, each based in one sector/level at a time. An MMO, something quiiite different, takes quite a bit of work, even for a professional company, and a LOT more money/resources to keep running, (server costs, developers, paid maintenance, etc.). Remember, we're an independent company, and as such it is a risk we literally cannot afford until we have substantial, reliable income from the first release (what you have pre-ordered). This has been the plan from the very beginning.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders Nov 23, 2010, 13:49 Will W

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 11:44:
How is the game anyways? I was thinking about getting it. I saw people were raving about it a while back. Is it still fun or is this one of those instantly fun get old quick kind of games?

I've played it a few times, I'm a sucker for space games. It's most definitely in the alpha stage now. Last time I played it was a month or so ago and it was like a tech demo...single player with not a ton to do but fly around.

I consider it worth the current price in it's current state as long as you understand it's in the Alpha stage right now and you don't expect too much from a game that's not ready for consumption by the general public.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo