Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Witcher 2 Preorder Response

The good old gamers at GOG.com report a rousing response to their recent announced preorders of a DRM-free edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, CD Projekt's upcoming RPG sequel. Here's a bit: "Since our announcement on Thursday, GOG has been seeing an incredible and enthusiastic response from members of the community, gamers on the Internet, and blogs and press outlets everywhere. Thanks so much for your interest and support, and thanks for all your (many, many!) preorders."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

39. Re: Witcher 2 Preorder Response Nov 22, 2010, 19:25 Eldaron Imotholin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 18:41:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 16:47:
spindoctor wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 16:26:

At this point, I imagine that publishers are happy if their PC games aren't cracked pre-release, let alone for two weeks after. I think this is one of the reasons quite a few of them are moving to Steamworks to protect their games... sure, it gets pirated like every other software on the planet, but at least it doesn't happen before the actual game goes on sale.

You have no idea at all what you're talking about... at all.

I'll probably hate this fact as much as you do, but every single big game out there has been cracked within a week... steamworks or no steamworks; DRM or no DRM. DRM is useless and a pain in the ass in every way.

Yea, telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about when you don't even have basic comprehension skills. Well done.

Getting cracked within a week is not the same as getting cracked before release. Or were you in too much of a hurry to type your bullshit that your eyes glazed over what I had written?

Whether or not pre-release piracy affects sales is a matter of conjecture... however, it's a reasonable assumption that a few people getting to play the game for free 4 weeks before release might not end up buying it.

I actually had a good comeback on this, until I realized we're talking about a miscommunication here due to the fact that I'm Dutch. The term "on sale" is often used in The Netherlands but only when a product has been on the market for so long, it drastically lowers in price. I'm sure you'll understand why I misinterpreted your comment. Until today I thought "going on sale" meant exactly that.. but I guess it also means "hitting the shelves", so to speak.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2010, 19:44.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo