Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I mentioned how bad Hudson the wonder dog's allergies have been this season, which got so severe that I took her to the vet this week, who gave her some antihistamines for her itchiness, and antibiotics for the infection she developed from chewing at herself. I decided to adopt a bold strategy for the trip, and left the Gunnar-man behind to make for less hassles in the vet's relatively small office. This made for basically the first time he's been left alone without either myself, MrsBlue, or at least Hudson for company, one of the benefits of him living here in the BlueTower while I work. He was not at all happy at being abandoned: He tried to sneak out with us, threw himself at the door after it closed, and barked wildly as we got in the car. When we returned all of 45 minutes later I was greeted with a big pile of poo in the middle of the floor, and urine puddles in no fewer than four different locations, so he obviously took the opportunity to express his displeasure as best he could. Hudson wasn't happy either, as she was a little whiny on the drive, obviously a little disturbed at the separation as well, even though she was an only dog until she was about five. Them being so inseparable is very touching, but this is not an ideal situation going forward, though it will not be easy to remedy, if that's even possible. On the bright side, the medications have done Hudson a world of good, though her coat around her backside is not going to grow back properly for quite some time.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Desert Rifle 2.
Hostage Crisis.
Blow Things Up.
Links: 7 Real Car Chases Way Crazier Than Anything in the Movies.
Celebrating cinema’s greatest long takes. Thanks Slashdot.
Stories: Burger King Manager, Worker Fired Over 'F--- You' Receipt. Ain't that some s***.
Neil Young's Green LincVolt Hybrid Ignites a Not-So-Green Inferno. Ouch.
Bristol Palin dance leads man to shoot TV, authorities say. Thanks Roger.
Science: Antimatter atom trapped for first time, say scientists. Mr. Spock to the engine room.
US sex robots headed to UK. Thanks Cutter.
Eye scans will help keep better track of suspects, NYPD says. Thanks scorcese.fan.
Images: London World Record Panoramic Photo. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
Media: Ghostbusters Return. NSFW.
Cowboys & Aliens Trailer: Wrist Cannons and Rough Justice.
Parkour Unleashed. Yup, it's dog Parkour.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2010, 11:17 Enahs

Why are other peoples pets so nasty compared to mine?

Though, regardless of if he was upset or not; he would be alone and might have to poop or pee anyway. Why would you not just leave him out in the back yard? Hell, just throw toy out the door and have him run out after it. If you are super lucky, by the time you are back he might not have even noticed you were gone yet (depending on the location of the vehicle relative to the backyard).

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo