Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Quote of the Day

"If you look at Star Wars from EA and BioWare, they estimated a development budget of over $100m. This is an online game for many millions of subscribers, so the publisher does not understand that a subscription model is not the future. With micro-transactions maybe I see the game having a chance but I don't think that EA or BioWare will ever be profitable with this game." Bigpoint CEO Heiko Hubertz on Star Wars: The Old Republic at the London Games Conference (via MCV).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Quote of the Day Nov 5, 2010, 12:15 Dirwulf

NicklePop wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 12:02:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 11:30:
I'm sure there are still legions of fans that will buy this game, however.. the overall sentiment I am seeing on various game sites and in talking with friends is.. "meh... pass"

Of course, that's only based on what we know thus far.

I've seen that too, but honestly I think most people are going to be surprised at how awesome this game ACTUALLY is.

I see big profits, and millions of subscribers.

I was in the beta. Its pretty meh. Its very much like Star Trek online. I will state though that my beta session only lasted 3 days and there were only 2 classes and you could only play to level 10. The best part of the game that is different from any MMO I've played so far is the dialog wheel, so depending on your dialog choices, the quests can change. I'm not sure if that's enough though to set the game apart from the other 100 MMO's out there.

Also we haven't seen any of the flying part of the game, but from what I've read, its on rails, so...yeah...whatever...

I wonder if I just violated my NDA lol...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo