Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I took the doggies to the trail yesterday, and when we got out of the car I spotted a couple of deer across the parking lot, luckily catching sight of them before the pups did. I corralled them by their collars and cleverly attempted to scare the deer off by triggering the car horn with my key fob. Well, it would have been clever if they cared, but desensitized as they are to the ways of their human neighbors, they didn't even bat an eye. So I carefully ushered my crew to the trailhead and we proceeded without incident. When we returned, however, one of them was still lingering around, and while I didn't spot him, the Gunnar-man did, and gave chase, ignoring my telling him to stop (luckily I had Hudson the wonder dog on leash). He closed about three-quarters of the short gap between us as the deer watched calmly, with my fears steadily growing that the deer was choosing fight from the classic fight or flight menu. Just as I was convinced he was going to attempt to trample my poodle, his nerve gave out, and he took off, and after giving chase for a bit Gunnar returned. All in all, a pretty minor incident, but a reminder that I need to do more work on Gunnar's training to listen, as his ears seem to switch off as soon as his prey drive kicks in.

Preyed Upon Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Coaster Racer.
Huje Tower 2.
Condemned world TD.
Links: The 6 most awful comic-book toys and action figures EVER. Thanks Neatorama.
Monopoly Game Set Made of Gold. So much attention for such a terrible game.
Stories: Bat Disease Threatens to Close America’s Caves.
'I'm too rich to go to jail'. Thanks Neatorama.
Science: Surprise! Now you'll remember this article forever.
Researchers imitate water striders with nanorods.
Old Ironman.
Police Report FAIL.
Media: If All Movies Had Smartphones. Nothing but spoilers.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Smartphones ruin everything Oct 19, 2010, 13:00 Steelcamp

:-P  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo