Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4

Steam now offers ArcaniA: Gothic 4 worldwide, meaning the role-playing sequel is available in North America a few days earlier than expected. Word is: "A mysterious evil power lies in waiting and fortunately you’re not alone to unravel the ancient secrets: your fate is linked to a beautiful lady wearing a powerful artifact from the long-forgotten past..." There is no explanation for the game's early release.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 16, 2010, 03:38 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 23:22:
Actually Ford was forced to fix the Pinto for FREE. The incompetence of the publisher speaks for itself.

Iirc, PB had a 1 gig patch ready to distribute within a month, since they had been working on it after G3 was FORCED into goldmaster, before it was done. Instead of paying PB for work they had done, the publisher refused to pay and seized control of the franchise, hiring another developer to....guess what....make a 1 gig patch. Oh, btw the way, they paid the new developer which took SEVERAL months before their patch was done, leaving the FRANCHISE name, reputation and quality to dwindle.

A lowlife publisher is a lowlife publisher and this could be their last game according to their finical state. They certainly deserve to be forced into bankruptcy for what they did to PB and the Gothic name.

100%& grade A bullshit, my very uninformed little friend. PB actually LIED about the existence of the GB patch that you mentioned. They said that it was in development and then when they broke up with JoWood this turned out to be a BIG FAT LIE and they had to admit that the patch never existed and that any previous mention of the patch was just "what if" kind of talk like if they would be working on a patch then it would be really big and blahbluhblahbluh.

Feel free to bash JoWood all you like but the fact that they paid Spellbound to fix Gothic 3 after losing PB as the developer and the way they supported the community efforts is something that not many other publishers would have done. Other publishers would have focused on the G3 add-on and G4 and left G3 to rot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo