Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor

EA announces the release of Medal of Honor, the new installment in the military shooter series that takes it from World War II into a present day setting. Here's word:

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced that Medal of Honor™ is now available at retail stores in North America. Co-developed by EA’s Danger Close™ Studio in Los Angeles and DICE in Stockholm, Medal of Honor heralds the return of EA’s storied first person shooter franchise with award-winning multiplayer combat and stunningly authentic single-player incursions. Set in today’s real-world war zone and inspired by actual missions in Afghanistan, Medal of Honor was developed with unprecedented access to the U.S. Army as well as active and retired Tier 1 Operators. The game brings a new level of authenticity to interactivity, inspired by soldiers’ stories from the war in Afghanistan, which the NY Times Magazine calls, “…transgressively real.”

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 11:12 jsmith

This was created from the same Frostbyte engine behind Bad Company 2 wasn't it? If so, has that teleport glitch been resolved yet by DICE?

I know we all have to deal with aimbots and wallhacks in any popular FPS, but being able to manipulate any other player's location at the push of a button... even on so called secure dedicated servers. Well, that is just piss poor coding on DICE's part to allow such an exploit to exist.

This isn't knocking MoH (though, from the beta a few months back it played like a 'lacking' MW2, though it allowed for FOV changes) but rather people should be aware of how vulnerable the Frostbyte engine appears to be for people with a hard on for cheating.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo