Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

As much as I like to fancy myself a non-idiot, I keep coming up with evidence to the contrary. Over the weekend we visited the local nursery to pick up some pumpkins to decorate our porch for the season, and along the way met the nursery owner's new umbrella cockatoo. His old one was a cranky bird, who only liked about two people, and while I happened to be one of them, his owner was not, so he eventually gave it away. His new bird is much more people-oriented, and was a lot of fun to interact with. At one point she started gently kissing my finger through the cage, so I cleverly stuck my nose through the bars to collect a better birdie smooch. If you are waiting for the part with the evidence I am an idiot, we are upon it: I now look like I've been punched in the nose from the swelling, and I have a nifty little gash on the top of it where the bird's beak penetrated the skin, though it could have been far worse, of course, as this bird was clearly capable of giving my schnoz the Michael Jackson treatment. The owner thinks she may have been reacting to the shine of my sunglasses, as she'd never bitten anyone before, but she did once latch onto a woman's necklace attracted by the glitter. This did not actually harm our little friendship, as he opened her cage and I got to pet her quite a bit without it resulting in further bloodshed.

Winged Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Kung Fu Attack.
Castle Destroyer.
Monster Slayers.
Links: The Female Character Flowchart. Thanks Neatorama.
Moon Scratch and Sniff.
Woot 7rOLL Shirt. Thanks nin.
Stories: Fox gives series order to ‘Napoleon Dynamite’.
How Doctor Who nearly became the Time Lady. Thanks Neatorama.
What Do You Say to a Naked Lawyer? Here's a Suit.
Science: Dogs are either optimists or pessimists, claim scientists. Ours are the former.
Check Out The Australian Flying Saucer That Can Transport Buildings.
Butterflies Cure Themselves with Plants.
Images: If Call of Duty Death Quotes Were Written by Players. Thanks Joker961 via reddit.
13 Halloween Costumes That Have No Business Being 'Sexy'.
Media: Norm McDonald as Quintin Tarentino.
Greatest freak out ever 11. Thanks Devicer.
Banksy Simpsons Intro. Thanks frag.machine.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 15:55 nin

@Hoop : pretty much the funniest comment ever

It's even better if you read it in a parrot voice: "<squawk!> fuckmynose! fuckmynose! <squawk!>"

Poor, Blue. I'm sure he was hoping for at least a little sympathy here, and we tease him.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo