Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DC Universe Online Delayed

Less than a month from the previously announced December 2 release date for DC Universe Online, Sony Online Entertainment tells IGN their superhero MMORPG is delayed until early 2011. "SOE is dedicated to delivering the highest quality game experiences possible," says John Smedley, Sony Online Entertainment president. "DC Universe Online is the first game of its kind, and a truly massive undertaking -- the first action MMO set in the DC Universe, the first MMO on the PlayStation 3, and the first time the entire DC Universe will be accessible to the millions of fans who are eagerly anticipating its release. As the game heads into external beta testing, this extra time will allow us to address community feedback in a meaningful way. When we get deeper into external beta, we'll be able to share more information regarding the new launch date." They also have word on beta testing: "Players with VIP cards from events like San Diego Comic-Con and those who have already registered on the DCUO website will receive beta access starting as early as next week. Everyone who preorders the game in North America by November 15, 2010, is assured beta access by November 30, 2010."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 4, 2010, 20:43 Ruffiana

I want this game to do well only because I like the idea of a 'super-hero' MMO, and if this one tanks as bad as Champions Online did the chances of anyone being able to get the funding to make a really good one is practically nill.

But I have no hopes for DCUO being good itself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo