Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 3

Kotick slams Tim Schafer on Computer and Video Games has a response from the Activision CEO to harsh comments Double Fine Productions CEO Tim Schafer made about him a couple of months ago when Tim called him both a "dick" and a "prick." A previous (more timely) rebuttal from an Activision rep took issue with the implication that Kotick doesn't like games (as now does Kotick), and now Kotick himself takes a shot at Schafer's game: "I never had any involvement in the Vivendi project that they were doing, Brütal Legend, other than I was in one meeting where the guys looked at it and said, 'He's late, he's missed every milestone, he's overspent the budget and it doesn't seem like a good game. We're going to cancel it," he told Edge Magazine. ""And do you know what? That seemed like a sensible thing to do. And it turns out, he was late, he missed every milestone, the game was not a particularly good game..." Thanks joao. Unless, of course, this is just taken out of context, which Kotick says is usually the case (though that might be taken out of context).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 3 Sep 27, 2010, 16:09 Verno

Elessar wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 15:29:
No need to get sassy.

Err, I wasn't. It was sarcasm.

But like I said, there were other elements that were enjoyable.

Individual elements unfortunately do not always mesh well in the product as a whole and Brutal Legend is the perfect example of a mediocre game that is definitely not more than the sum of its parts. People didn't pay $50 to see "an enjoyable world" or listen to Jack Black be silly for an hour of voiced dialogue. I'd contend that Brutal Legend does indeed "suck" because it never really feels like a cohesive title in addition to some questionable design choices.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo