Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

EA Offering APB Compensation?

A post on the Steam Users' Forums relates the experience of one customer who purportedly received some satisfaction from EA after complaining about the demise of APB. The transcript shows the customer service representative first offered the user a $20.00 voucher, and then a free EA game as compensation for "this inconvenience." Thanks Destructoid.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 26, 2010, 10:06 Wolfen

Nerian wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 19:27:
You know, it's not like Realtime Worlds didn't have a good track record. Granted, they had ONE successful game and then tried to make a MMO.....

But it's not the buyer's fault the company folded. If anything, it's the fault of the people that didn't buy it, and the developers.

That being said, I've found that EA generally has pretty good customer service when pressed. I purchased a copy of Spore Galatic Edition from Ebay, listed as NEW IN BOX, UNOPENED..and guess what? Yeah, it was opened and the key had already been activated.

I called EA, was able to prove that it was purchased secondhand sold as a new product, and the email address of the seller matched the registered email. They generated a brand new key for me on the spot, and made it available for me to digitally download via their store, permanently. Pretty frakin' awesome of them.

Oh, and I did file a PayPal claim against the seller and get all of my money back too. So F that guy...

Dood. There is NO WAY this games failure is my fault cause I didn't buy it. Maybe it had something to do with some of the unappealing aspects of the game, such as... in game advertisements.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo