Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command Conquer 3: The Forgotten

The Forgotten mod for Command Conquer 3 is now available, offering a community-created campaign for the real-time strategy sequel that was three years in the making. This launch trailer offers a look at the mod, and here's a bit from their write-up: "Our mod tells the story of The Forgotten, a group legendary in Command and Conquer lore from their appearances in Tiberian Sun and its expansion Firestorm. Afflicted with Tiberium-based illnesses, their determination, resourcefulness, and shared anger make them a potent threat to the superpowers that have shunned them for so long. Yet after C&C Firestorm, their fate remained uncertain, as their story was never continued in Command and Conquer 3. We have sought over the last three years to rekindle their tale, enlivening it with high definition full motion videos (produced in conjunction with the talented team at Broken Wall Films), a unique set of units and structures, and an immersive campaign replete with a variety of beautiful environments and challenging missions. To further enhance replay value, we have created five additional battlefields for skirmish and online play." Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Command Conquer 3: The Forgotten Sep 24, 2010, 15:24 Creston

Jonny wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 15:03:
Wolfen wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 10:43:
Heh. Im amused by the title. It seems so fitting to me for this series.

Edit: Not to imply negatives about the mod. Just the CnC series as of late. =)

Whatever happened to C&C 4 anyway? I seem to remember a big uproar about stripping all the mechanics down and then nothing. Seems to have seen the series off with a whimper instead of a bang.

You don't remember them having Ubisoft-style DRM, and eventually even an EA guy tweeting/blogging "Lost connection four times yesterday. This system just fucking sucks."

Only to be electrocuted the next day and be forced to put spin on that statement as if he meant it in a positive way?

But yeah, other than that, it was a giant piece of shit worthy of no attention whatsoever.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo