Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure

A BBC News story on the just-announced shutdown of APB: All Points Bulletin says the administrators of insolvent APB developer Realtime Worlds are still looking to sell the intellectual property for the game, specifically mentioning the possibility that Epic Games may buy the IP, noting APB's use of Epic's Unreal engine as a factor in the speculation. They quote Epic spokesperson Dana Cowley on Mark Rein's interest in the project: "Mark [Epic Games CEO] absolutely loves APB, and everyone here loved what they saw" (Rein is actually a vice president). "We've got our hands full of Gears of War 3, Bullet Storm and the recently announced Project Sword," she goes on to say. "If any talks like that are going on, then they would be confidential." Meanwhile, with the APB servers apparently now shut down, MCV quotes administrator Begbies Traynor on the prospect of customers collecting refunds: "Customers should revert to the entity from which they bought the game in respect of their entitlement to any refund." They attribute this report to their sister site develop, but we cannot find that quote there. They do, however, have more on the situation, saying that with the end of APB, Realtime Worlds has fired its last 50 staff, later correcting that reporting that 33 employees were let go, leaving a staff of seven temps to wind things down, as the company's Colorado satellite faces Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure Sep 17, 2010, 11:37 Frijoles

Yeah, good luck collecting a refund on this.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo