Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age Witch Hunt DLC Released

The Dragon Age: Origins Website has the release of the new Witch Hunt DLC for Dragon Age: Origins, BioWare's fantasy-themed RPG. The price for the PC edition is 560 BioWare points, which is $7.00 cash money (USD). Here's word on what that'll get you: "The dreaded Archdemon has been slain and the advance of the darkspawn halted by a lone, heroic Grey Warden. The kingdom rejoices, but at least one question remains: what happened to Morrigan? The sorceress joined the Wardens cause, but it is said her true purpose was not revealed until the eve of the last battle. She vanished into the shadows, and while rumors claimed she crossed over the mountains into Orlais no trace of her path could be found. She was never heard from again... until now. Nearly a year has passed since the Archdemon's death, and word has reached the Wardens that Morrigan has returned to Ferelden. She has been sighted in the southern wilderness where she was first encountered. Is it truly her? If it is, then why is she here and what secret does she carry with her? The Warden heads into the forest to find out and tie up this last loose end once and for all."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: Dragon Age Witch Hunt DLC Released Sep 8, 2010, 02:53 Tomas

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 01:51:
I think 95% of "OMG THEY CUT IT OUT OF THE MAIN GAME" stuff is hyperbole and false, to be frank.

And yet, games like Mafia II dump out DLC days after release. I sort of agree, but I don't think it's even a stretch to say that for many games DLC content was just stuff they decided not to finish for the core game somewhere during development. Having been there I know how nice it is to just say, fine, let's cut that and release it later as a "patch," which these days means DLC. Only difference is now customers pay for it twice.

For me, the biggest issue I have with DLC is that one or two things almost always seem to happen. In most cases I have already become bored of the game because the DLC took so long to come out (which fights against the point I made above...sort of) and thus, when it does, I don't even care about it anymore. Making this even worse, the DLC is in many cases so meat-free (more guns for ME2 anyone? What the hell guys? Really? Buy guns for a game I already won weeks or months ago? Seriously?) to make me want to jump back into the game I finished months ago.

In the rare cases where the DLC has some meat, I think of it more as an expansion, and in these cases I'm happy. An example would be Borderlands (ok, Moxxi was an exception) where the DLC is cheap, has some actual value to those who still love the game, and actually is for a game that had some long term replayability.

When I finish a game in a day or two I rarely will even consider buying DLC unless it's got a LOT of new stuff. One more side quest, or a new armor...wow, you've got to be kidding.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo