Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PC Mass Effect DLC Pulled

A thread on the BioWare Social Network describes problems with the recently released Lair of the Shadowbroker DLC for Mass Effect 2, which is no longer available for purchase while they work on fixing it. Here's the word:

People using Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 can download and play Lair of the Shadowbroker. If you are an Xbox 360 user, please go ahead and enjoy the new DLC.

PC users currently are experiencing a technical issue with the downloaded file that prevents ALL PC users from playing the DLC. We are aware of this issue and have taken the following steps:

• We have removed the incorrect file from the download section so no further incorrect downloads will occur

• We are working on a fix for the issue and will get a working file up for PC users ASAP

More detail
If you downloaded the incomplete file (it is essentially 1.5 Gig of zeroes) this will not harm your system
You will NOT be charged again once the correct file is ready for download
We do not have a more accurate eta for the correct PC DLC, but when we do I will let you know.

As soon as we have more information I will post it here. We are sorry that this occured and we appreciate your patience as we work to get the fix to you.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Hash checking is so 19th century Sep 7, 2010, 23:58 eRe4s3r

I don't know, but maybe we should teach the IT staff at Bioware how to use torrents? That way they would quickly notice that propagating *working* files to billions of users at more than 90kb/s is in fact the easiest thing in the world.

In fact - if they release the real .torrent file publicly they don't even have to run their own announce server and everyone could run it in a proper client as well (or on a NAS, and whatever else has torrent support nowadays ;p)

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2010, 00:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo