Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Bible Online Beta

Open beta testing for The Bible Online is slated to begin today at 6:00 pm GMT+1, which the Blue Computer tells us is about a half-hour ago. The Bible Online is a browser-based MMOG with RTS and RPG elements. Word is: "As the leader of their tribe, players have to construct their villages, manage resources and the budget. At the same time, players must protect their tribe from the pagans and also from other tribes. The game provides an alliance system, through which players can establish alliance for their common interest to protect themselves. Playing the role of Abraham his descendants, players also lead their tribe and raise heroes through hunting and gathering experiences." The game will launch with English and German versions, but they plan on supporting most European languages by the end of this year.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

63. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 9, 2010, 05:55 Bhruic

I really don't understand why people keep talking about science and religion in the same context. They have nothing to do with each other. Science deals with that which can be demonstrated and tested. Religion deals with that which cannot be demonstrated and tested. There's no overlap between the two.

Science can no more disprove the existence of god(s) than it can disprove the existence of the invisible pink unicorn behind me. What's more, science has absolutely no interest in whether there is or is not a god or gods.

With that being said, it would be nice if certain Christians would stop trying to argue against science as if it's anti-religion. If you want to believe in what the bible says, that's fine. If you want to believe in the literal version (which one...?) of the bible, that's fine too. Just keep in mind that your God is also the one that created all the things that science studies, as well as creating our brains. I'm sure he/she/it intended us to use our brains, and specifically to use them to better understand the universe that he/she/it created. So rather than fighting with science, why not study it, so you can better understand the what God has given you?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo