Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Bible Online Beta

Open beta testing for The Bible Online is slated to begin today at 6:00 pm GMT+1, which the Blue Computer tells us is about a half-hour ago. The Bible Online is a browser-based MMOG with RTS and RPG elements. Word is: "As the leader of their tribe, players have to construct their villages, manage resources and the budget. At the same time, players must protect their tribe from the pagans and also from other tribes. The game provides an alliance system, through which players can establish alliance for their common interest to protect themselves. Playing the role of Abraham his descendants, players also lead their tribe and raise heroes through hunting and gathering experiences." The game will launch with English and German versions, but they plan on supporting most European languages by the end of this year.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

56. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 7, 2010, 21:19 sliv

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many scientists and pastors who read Blue's.

I, for one, am neither and don't pose to be a professional when it comes to Biblical knowledge and I did poorly in science while in school. But just like everyone, I do have my own opinions and my own beliefs. I'll keep my beliefs to myself so as not to 'shove them down anyone's throats', however I will share my opinion:

There are a lot of close-minded, mass generalizations and assumptions going on that really should be more thought out and researched before vomited pell-mell in a gaming forum. Sources, anyone? It really is starting to sound like a bunch of second-graders yelling "yeah, well you're ugly!" I've yet to see a conversation/debate in a forum like this ever end positively and will usually just drive the wedge deeper between the two sides. Which then makes me wonder "what's the point?" Is there really that much pent-up anger just desperately needing to be let out?

Of course, discussions like these are a train wreck and are often hard to look away.

Back on the topic of the Bible MMO, doubt it will be very successful as the financial backing for Christian games are rarely there (heck, even well-funded games aren't always successful) and usually comes with too much controversy (ala, the Left Behind games) to have a large enough following to be considered relevant.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo