Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BFG RMA Refusal

It sounds like BFG Technologies is in the process of going out of business, as Hardware Canucks has a copy of a letter denying a customer RMA support saying BFG "is winding down and liquidating its business," explaining that since the company had lost the support of its major supplier, "we are returning your graphics card without being able to repair it." BFG announced it was departing the graphics card business in May followed by word last month it was also leaving the PSU business.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

41. Re: BFG RMA Refusal Aug 16, 2010, 16:45 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 16:20:
BobBob wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 15:31:
I'm just shocked anyone would pay more than $300 to $500 on a TV. I prefer to put excess money into savings, investing, and travel around the world. Just sitting around and staring at a TV is not physically healthy, mentally stimulating, nor socially educational.

Get outside, travel, experience the world (different cultures, architecture, geography, climate, etc.), and exercise.

Not trolling.

How is that not trolling? You just inferred (again) that people who buy a modest television don't exercise, travel or experience life. You're really out of touch with people for someone who claims to travel a lot. You can put some of the more expensive items you buy on your credit card, get airmiles, pay off the card and travel some more!

Credit card debt is certainly avoidable. You will most likely have to get a loan for a house and car loans can actually make sense (particularly the 0% interest for the life of the loan on certain new cars), but if you keep a reasonable amount saved away you can avoid credit card debt even if some unexpected expenses emerge. Credit card debt adds up very fast an eats up a lot of your money with the interest.

I remember reading that a huge amount of north americans have only a month of expenses in savings which is really sad. Everyone should ideally have 3-6 months in monthly expenses saved in case of prolonged unemployment, divorce or etc. People simply don't know how to budget.

Both of you are trolling since neither of these discussions have anything to do with the topic, which is about "BFG RMA Refusal."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo