Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard's PC Stance

Computer and Video Games quotes Blizzard's Mike Ryder on the company's PC commitment. "Its [sic] certainly not written off by us. PC development has a number of unique challenges that console developers don't face, but Blizzard is one of the few companies that is there making great PC games," he said, admitting that console development would be easier. "We've spent a lot of time in development focussing on scalablity, on new PC hardware and old. If you were just designing for a console it would be a much easier task." Thanks joao.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

42. Re: Blizzard's PC Stance Aug 12, 2010, 09:53 CythrawL

And seeing the Playstation 3 only has 256mb of ram and people can still produce games like Crysis 2, kinda nullifies your argument now doesnt it?

Thats HALF the ram and MORE storage than we are touting around...

and I am sure nearly every GOOD coder will disagree with you.. As I said it has NOTHING to do with Tech Demos, I gave that as an EXAMPLE of what can be done with limitations. There are awesome games one the Nintendo DS, Awesome games on the iPod Touch.. ALL have less storage and limits than we are touting... Again you are missing the point, and on why I called you on those two points you gave on your list. They have NOTHING to do with better games or game development.

The other 3 points you came up with, RIGHT on the money.. I just dont agree with the 2 we are debating about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo